Za’atar Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice is a flavor combination of zesty herbs, lemon, and nuttiness. Za’atar is an amazing spice blend for low carb cooking.
- 1 lb. raw, devained and shelled shrimp
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon – about 3–4 TBS.
- 3 TBS Za’atar seasoning mix
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 6–8 majdool dates
- 2 ounce bag pine nuts
- Fresh parsley for garnish
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- Heat 1 TBS of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen cauliflower rice and stir.
- Cook cauliflower rice for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 TBS za’atar, dates, and 1/2 of the lemon juice.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
For the Shrimp:
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and 1 TBS za’atar and the remainder of the lemon juice.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until shrimp is tanslucent.
- Place the prepared cauliflower rice in a serving dish.
- Top with toasted pine nuts.
- Add shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with pita bread or naan bread.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb, low calorie, keto friendly, easy dinner, weeknight diner