Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza a fresh way to eat veggies. It’s made with refrigerator crescent roll dough, homemade dill dip and lots of fresh vegetables. I’d say it’s a summertime classic!
My Mom used to make this all the time and I forgot about the recipe until recently when I was paging through some old hand-written recipes and cookbooks. I used to make it for my kids when they were younger as a way to make sure they were eating more veggies. My favorite vegetables to use are broccoli, cucumber, yellow and red bell pepper, and carrots.
This recipe is so easy you’ll pinch yourself; it’s also perfect for summertime cookouts or a weekend when you’re having a casual family gathering. You can make the crescent roll crust and the ranch dill dip ahead of time – I like to make them the day before. You can also prep all the veggies the day before and store them in the refrigerator. Then all you need to do is A.S.S.E.M.B.L.E. – so easy!
Here’s the equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
- One large cookie sheet
- Medium sized dish and a mixing spoon or wooden spoon
- Sharp knife and cutting board for cutting veggies
- Small spatula for spreading dill dip onto the cooked crescent dough
Other veggies and ingredients you can add:
- Red cabbage – Slice it very thin and sprinkle it on the top of the pizza
- Diced tomatoes – Before adding them to the pizza, place the pieces on a triple-layer paper towel for 30-45 minutes to pull out some of the moisture and them pat them dry with another paper towel.
- Red or yellow onions – Dice them small or in long rings
- Radishes – Slice them thin
- Zucchini – You can slice or dice the zucchini
- Green or black olives – Cut in half or dice small
Here are a few more recipes you might like:Print
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is easy and fast. It’s a summertime classic and the perfect way to get everyone eating their veggies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 slices 1x
- 2 tubes of refrigerator crescent rolls
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese – softened
- 3 TBS sour cream
- 1 envelop of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill – chopped small
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 3 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- Preheat the oven to 350° as directed on the crescent roll package instructions.
- Spread crescent rolls across the cookie sheet – covering the cookie sheet and sealing the cuts between each of the rolls.
- Bake according to crescent roll package instructions.
- Cool completely before adding toppings (you can also cool it and lightly cover it with a paper towel and leave on the countertop overnight).
- In a medium-sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dip and fresh dill; stir until fully mixed.
- Chop all veggies very small and toss them all together in a bowl.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread the ranch dill dip all over the baked and cooled crescent roll pizza base.
- Add chopped mixed veggies.
- Cut into equal squares and serve.