This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Cilantro Lime Sauce is a creamy, tangy, fresh, and bright sauce. Drizzle it on grilled chicken, pork, or steak. It’s also a great sauce for grilled vegetables.
the best sauce I’ve ever made
When I tell you this is the BEST SAUCE I’ve ever made – I really mean it’s the BEST SAUCE I’ve ever made! It’s so good, I could seriously eat it with a spoon…and in fact, I actually might have done that.
It has a bright, fresh flavor and gets its creaminess from mayonnaise and it’s tanginess from plain Greek yogurt. And it’s so easy to make. I just threw all of the ingredients into my blender and poof – an amazingly delicious sauce.
I served it over marinaded and grilled pork tenderloin skewers, grilled chicken, steak and even vegetables.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- In the recipe, I note that you can use the cilantro leaves and the stems. By stems I mean the small ones. I would not recommend using the thicker stalks of the cilantro.
- Do not use a food processor for this recipe (I know from experience). You need to use a blender so that the cilantro is chopped very fine.
- I highly recommend making this at least a day in advance so that the flavors have time to really come together. You can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container or jar for four days.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
- Honey and Thyme Grilled Apricots
- Amish Macaroni Salad
- Greek Salad Flatbread
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup fresh cilantro - leaves and stems
- 1/2 small jalapeno - seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice from 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.