This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
You can make crispy, cheesy, herb crackers at home with my Parmesan Herb Wonton Crisps recipe. They are made using store-bought wonton wrappers and ready in 15 minutes.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love making my own crackers, but I’m no all about rolling dough and cutting them into the perfect little shapes. That’s why Parmesan Herb Wonton Crisps are my favorite way to make “homemade” crackers. They are so easy to make and so delicious to eat! My Cheddar Shortbread Cracker recipe is another one of my favorite homemade crackers.
I came up with this recipe because I was having company and I realized at the last minute that I ddin’t have any crackers and I didn’t have time to run to the market. So I whipped open the refrigerator and saw a package of wonton wrappers and some fresh thyme. I alsways have parmesan cheese so it suddenly became a no-brainer…I’ll just make my own crackers. And I am so glad I did! They loved them, I loved them and now they are a staple when I’m enteraining with family and friends.
Storing Parmesan herb Crisps
These crackers store very well. Just put them in a zip-top bag or in an airtight container and they will last for a week. I haven’t tried freezing them yet so I can’t really recommend it at this time.
What else can you make with wonton wrappers?
Wonton wrappers are really versitle and you can make all types of different things.
- Make this recipe sweet – substitue the cheese and herbs for cinnamon sugar and serve them instead of toast or use them to dip into fruit dip or chocolate sauce.
- You can fill them with crabmeat and cream cheese and make your own crab rangoon.
- Press them into a muffin tin and fill them with taco meat and cheese for little taco cups. Or fil them with sausage, pasta sauce, and cheese for yummy pizza cups.
- Using the muffin tin method, fill them with cherry pie filling, bake them and top them with whipped cream.
- Wrap them around a cheese stick to make mozarella sticks.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- Make sure you use fresh herbs with these crackers because it really gives a more fresh flavor.
- I am obsessed with non-stick parchment paper baking sheets. They are pre-cut and fit perfectly on my cookies sheets. They make clean up super simple and the food does not stick at all.
- I use the Nayosa brand Wonton Wrappers.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these:
Why buy crackers when you can make homemade Parmesan Herb Wonton Crisps? Crispy, cheesy, herb flavor on a baked wonton wrapper.
- 1/2 12-ounce package of store-bought square wonton wrappers
- 1 can of olive oil spray or another non-stick spray (I use Pam Olive Oil spray)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese – grated fine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley – chopped fine
- 1/4 cup of fresh thyme leaves – chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the wonton skins in half (you can take the entire stack and cut it all at once so they are all the same size).
- Lay the wonton strips on to the cookie sheets.
- Spray with the olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle the strips with the grated parmesan cheese and then the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with the two finely chopped fresh herbs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until they turn brown and crispy.
Serve these with a cheese dip or spinach dip, with hot soup instead of crackers, or just as a snack by themselves. They go great with cocktails.
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Bakes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade crackers, cheesy crackers, holiday appetizers, homemade snack crackers