You know those times when you really want something sweet? Something not to big but big enough to satisfy the need for sweet treats. That’s when I make or grab one of these little Energy Balls. I say grab because I always keep a supply on hand in the freezer.
These are packed with everything “good for you” and a little “extra” just because!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- /2 cup peanut butter – I use all natural and you can even use raw peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed meal (my grocery store carries this in the natural food section)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I use the quick cooking type)
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins (or you can use dried cranberries or add any other dried fruit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, cream peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add other ingredients and mix together.
- Roll into bit-size balls and place in refrigerator for three hours.
- I find they are even better if you make them a day ahead and leave them in the refrigerator overnight.