BBQ Chicken Sliders – so easy with a store-bought rotisserie chicken. The perfect game-day snack.
- 1 package Hawaiian roles (we use Kings brand)
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1–2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup red and green cabbage – shredded
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the slaw:
- In a bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbages.
For the Chicken:
- Mix BBQ sauce and chicken in a bowl.
For the sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut buns in half – all at the same time.
- Place the bun bottoms into a casserole dish.
- Top with chicken and BBQ mixture.
- Place bun tops on sandwiches.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove tops and pile on slaw mixture.
- Replace tops, cut sandwiches and serve immediately.