This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Easy peasy Rotisserie Chicken BBQ Sliders – made with store-bought rotisserie chicken, your favorite BBQ sauce and those sweet little Hawiaan roles.
Anyone else obsessed with rotisserie chicken? Of course you are! That’s why they fly out of the grocery stores (no pun intended). Seriously, they have become so popular I don’t even remember when it happened. When my kids were growing up I don’t recall any of our local stores selling rotisserie chicken because if they had, I would have been a regular purchaser.
Convenient, juicy, loaded with flavor and pretty inexpensive…lets all cheer for rotisserie chickens. Getting serious, rotisserie is a method of cooking where meat is skewered and slowly roasted while turning to keep the juices flowing and the cooking even. You might not have thought about it, but in the Greek culture, they use an upright or vertical rotisserie for slowing cooking that delicious lamb for Gyros.
And then there’s the slider. We all know that “slider” means a little sandwich, but did you know that the first sliders where from White Castle? So if you think they are something new, you need to go back a few years. In the past several years, sliders have gained a lot of popularity with the home cook because some brilliant bun maker finally put them on the grocery shelves, allowing us to make them at home easily and quickly.
And that brings us to the marriage of the rotisserie chicken and the slider buns – now you can whip up Rotisserie Chicken BBQ Sliders any day of the week.
If you like this rotisserie chicken recipe, you will also like:
BBQ Chicken Sliders – so easy with a store-bought rotisserie chicken. The perfect game-day snack.
- 1 package Hawaiian roles (we use Kings brand)
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1–2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup red and green cabbage – shredded
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the slaw:
- In a bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbages.
For the Chicken:
- Mix BBQ sauce and chicken in a bowl.
For the sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut buns in half – all at the same time.
- Place the bun bottoms into a casserole dish.
- Top with chicken and BBQ mixture.
- Place bun tops on sandwiches.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove tops and pile on slaw mixture.
- Replace tops, cut sandwiches and serve immediately.