It doesn’t get any better than deep dark chocolate and red wine. I made this one night when my daughter was visiting and she laughed and said, “you really do like boozy food”. So now I have a new favorite saying for when I add wine to any of my cooking – Boozy Food! And, by the way, you’ll find a lot of “boozy treats” on my site. You might also like Prosecco Cupcakes, Pink Champagne Cupcakes or Red Wine Hot Chocolate.
Trust me when I tell you that the red wine in the brownie mix really brings out the deep flavors of the chocolate. And this glaze it to die for with a real tang of red wine mixed with sweet confectioners sugar. And if you are wondering what to drink with this delicious treat, it’s easy, red wine of course.
Red Wine Brownies with Red Wine Glaze
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + three TBS red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- 6 TBS confectioners sugar
- 2–3 TBS red wine
- Preheat oven according to the Brownie box mix
- In a medium sized bowl, add brownie mix, applesauce, oil and eggs; mix until fully incorporated.
- Spray a minnie muffin pan or square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour brownie mixture into the pan and back according to the box directions.
- Cook brownies for 2 hours before glazing.
- Mix sugar and wine until it has a smooth, shine and drippy consistency.
- Either dip each brownie up-side-down into glaze mix to frost or drizzle with the glaze.