This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
It doesn’t get any better than deep dark chocolate and red wine. I made this one night when my daughter was visiting and she laughed and said, “you really do like boozy food”. So now I have a new favorite saying for when I add wine to any of my cooking – Boozy Food! And, by the way, you’ll find a lot of “boozy treats” on my site. You might also like Prosecco Cupcakes, Pink Champagne Cupcakes or Red Wine Hot Chocolate.
Trust me when I tell you that the red wine in the brownie mix really brings out the deep flavors of the chocolate. And this glaze it to die for with a real tang of red wine mixed with sweet confectioners sugar. And if you are wondering what to drink with this delicious treat, it’s easy, red wine of course.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + three TBS red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- 6 TBS confectioners sugar
- 2–3 TBS red wine
- Preheat oven according to the Brownie box mix
- In a medium sized bowl, add brownie mix, applesauce, oil and eggs; mix until fully incorporated.
- Spray a minnie muffin pan or square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour brownie mixture into the pan and back according to the box directions.
- Cook brownies for 2 hours before glazing.
- Mix sugar and wine until it has a smooth, shine and drippy consistency.
- Either dip each brownie up-side-down into glaze mix to frost or drizzle with the glaze.
- Category: Dessert