Sweet, tart and tangy Homemade Rhubarb Chutney is made from fresh or frozen rhubarb, dried fruit, savory spices, sugar, and vinegar.
- 1–1/2 cup rhubarb – frozen or fresh
- 1 apple – peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBS of sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh ginger
- Place all ingredients into a large stove-top pot.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Boil on high for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 10-15 minutes to thicken.
Substitution for mustard seed is equal amounts of either dry mustard or prepared mustard.
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American