Low carb, keto friendly approved Egg Roll Lettuce Wraps are the perfect option for a light lunch or dinner. These little wraps are filled with ground pork, mushrooms, and a bold spicy sauce.
I can’t resist and really good egg roll but I was looking for something a little more healthy, with big bold flavors that would be perfect for lunch. Behold – Egg Roll Lettuce Wraps!
I’ve tried a lot of different types of lettuce for lettuce wraps and a small head of bib lettuce is the best. It can also be called Boston Bibb or Butter lettuce. When selecting the perfect head, go for the smaller ones and buy two if needed.
For the healthy part of this recipe, I used ground turkey breast. For the bold, I used a bottled spicy Szechuan sauce made by Tsang. Brown the turkey, toss it together with red cabbages, Napa cabbage, and shredded carrots for extra crunch and lunch is ready.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also like these:
No carb, vegan-friendly, keto approved Egg Roll Lettuce Wraps are the perfect option for a light lunch or dinner. These little wraps are filled with ground pork, mushrooms, and a bold spicy sauce.
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small heads of bibb lettuce
- 1/3 cup Tsang Spicy Szechuan sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Nappa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a stove-top skillet for 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until it’s browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Clean and tear off leaves of lettuce.
- Toss ground turkey with the Tsang sauce.
- Add cabbages and carrots – stir together.
- Scoop about 3-4 TBS of turkey mixture onto each lettuce wrap.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.