This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I don’t know what I like better about Honey Lime Shrimp with Spicy Apple Slaw – the crunchy sweet apples, the hint of spice from the jalapenos, or the tang of the light vinegarette. Or may it’s the Honey Lime Shrimp!
Before we get into this delicious and easy slaw, let’s talk about shrimp…specifically my Honey Lime Shrimp recipe which is my every day – go t0 quick shrimp marinade. The recipe in the link is baked but I used the same marinade recipe and grilled the shrimp for this dish.
You know the old saying – you eat with your eyes first…and that’s exactly what I love about this dish – all of those bright colors. Here’s a hint if you may a lot of salads or slaws, I always keep a zip-top bag of shredded red cabbage in my refrigerator. Red cabbage gives a great big crunch and the color pops with almost any salad or slaw.
I use my Hamilton Beach Food Processor to shred red cabbage which I hand-cut the other ingredients. Also, when every I’m cutting jalapenos which you will need to do for this recipes, I always wear disposable gloves; they are a life saver for not getting pepper oils on your skin (or in your eyes).
If you like this recipe, you’ll also like:
I don’t know what I like better about Shrimp with Spicy Apple Slaw – the crunchy sweet apples, the hint of spice from the jalapenos, or the tang of the light vinegarette. Or may it’s the Honey Lime Shrimp!
- Honey Lime Shrimp (krazykitchenmom.com/easy-honey-lime-baked-shrimp)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 jalapeno – seeds and ribs removed – diced small
- 1/2 red bell pepper – seeds and ribs removed – diced small
- 1 large or 2 medium apples – diced
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges – drain, but save the liquid for the dressing
- Juice from the mandarin oranges
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together and add the dressing.
- Serve shrimp skews on top of salad
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together.