Very Lemon Bundt Cake is a delightfully fluffy, lemony sweet/tart cake made from a boxed cake mix and a box of Jello.
My all-time favorite flavor is LEMON! When I was growing up, I loved this cake so much it was my number one request for my birthday cake. So while all the other little girls had gorgeously colorful and decorated birthday cakes…my was…well…not that! But the flavor was the B.O.M.B. No birthday cakes full of frosting and flowers ever tasted as good as mine.
You might call this cake cheating because it’s made with a boxed lemon cake mix and a box of lemon Jello. But don’t be too quick to judge. Why? Because this cake has stood the test of time. My husband, kids, and all their friends love this cake more than any dessert I make – even from scratch. When hubby, Vince, takes it to the office, it’s gone in minutes. When we take it to a cookout or a potluck, it’s the first to go. So I’d say this Very Lemon Bundt Cake has a pretty good reputation and while it may not be the prettiest cake on the block, it’s certainly the best tasting one.
Very Lemon Bundt Cake
Delightfully lemon cake made from a box mix.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 slices
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 package of dry lemon Jello mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of 1 large lemon
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat all ingredients (except powdered sugar and lemon juice) with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and add cake mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Invert the bundt pan oven a cake plate.
For the Glaze
- Mix the powdered sugar and juice of 1 large lemon in a small bowl.
- Pour half the lemon glaze on the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Let it dry for 5 minutes and then add the rest of the glaze.