Melon Ball Prosciutto Salad is a colorful, fresh, flavor-packed salad that you can make in minutes.
It’s perfect for a light lunch or even for breakfast.
Simple, summery, sweet, salty, stylish – it doesn’t matter how many “S” words I use to describe this colorful salad – it’s just downright fresh and delicious. I get excited when it’s “melon season”. I can tell when I walk past a large display at the market and I can smell the fresh sweetest. And then I dream about that sweet melon wrapped in bites of salty briny prosciutto. (Is anyone else getting warm or just me? smile)
Now that you are ready to run to the market and pick up a few fresh aromatic melons, be sure to use them the same day or the day after for peak freshness. I like to serve this as an appetizer, salad but my favorite way is just for breakfast. Can you imagine waking up to this?
Check out my video on How to Cut Watermelon:
You might also like these recipes:
Melon Ball Prosciutto Salad
Melon Ball Prosciutto Salad is a colorful, fresh, flavor-packed salad that you can make in minutes. It’s perfect for a light lunch or even for breakfast.
- 1 Honeydew melon
- 1 Cantaloupe melon
- 1-3oz. package prosciutto
- 1-8oz. package mini mozzarella pearls
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Using a melon baller, cut melon into small balls (if you don’t have a melon baller you can cut the melon into small pieces).
- Slice prosciutto into bite sized pieces.
- Cut basil leaves julienne style.
- In a large bowl, mix melon balls, mozzarella pearls, basil, prosciutto.
- Arrange mixture on plates.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic.
- Serve immediately