This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Do you love chocolate? Do you love red wine? Then you will love Red Wine Hot Chocolate. It’s the perfect pairing of wine and chocolate.
Why We Love This Recipe
This hot chocolate is an extra special way to treat your family and friends – it’s like a warm hug in a glass. Have you ever had a nice glass of Cabernet or Pinot Noir with a rich piece of chocolate cake or chocolate candy? It was fantastic – right?! Well, that’s what you have with this drink…the best of both worlds…chocolate and red wine.
Use Your Favorite Red Wine
You can use just about any type of red wine that’s not too sweet for this recipe. And make sure it’s a red wine that you would drink by itself. No cheap wines for this recipe. But you don’t need to go overboard on cost either. Here’s what I would suggest, in the order of what I would use:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
Any of these would make a good option for this drink. And make sure you have marshmallows and some chocolate sauce to drizzle on top!
Make a larger batch of Red wine hot chocolate
To make a large batch of this recipe just click on the SCALE button under the photo on the recipe card. For all my recipes you can double and triple the ingredients easily by selecting x2 or x3…it’s that easy.
If you like this drink recipe, you’ll also like these
- Cranberry Margarita – a classic margarita made with cranberry juice
- Cranberry Sage Martini – perfect holiday vodka martini
- Red Wine Mule – a mule cocktail made with a mule mix and red wine – it’s delicious!
- Aperol Spritz – my all-time favorite craft cocktail
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk I use Silk brand
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Warm almond milk in a stove top pot – do not boil.
- Pour in red wine and simmer on low for 3 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows and a chocolate drizzle.