This Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is loaded with eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, cheese, and fresh chives. It’s perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast.
- 8 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup breakfast sausage – cooked and crumbled
- 8-ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 4 pieces of bacon – cooked extra crispy and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Beat the eggs and half-n-half.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper, and chives.
- Mix in the diced bell pepper, bacon, sausage, and cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 11 baking dish or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into into the casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
Do ahead: Cook the sausage and bacon ahead of time and then add them to the recipe when you are ready to make it.
MAKE THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Mix the eggs and the half-n-half together.
- Add the spices and the Worchestershire sauce.
- Put the egg mixture into a covered air-tight container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cook, cool, and crumble the bacon and the sausage and store them in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator.
- Cut up the fresh chives and dice the bell pepper and store them separate zip-top bags in the refrigerator. (I use the snack-size zip-top bags for small ingredients.)
- If you shred your own cheese, shred it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator in a zip-top bag.
- In the morning, spray a 9 x 11 baking dish with non-stick spray, stir the egg mixture, mix in all of the other ingredients and pour them into the baking dish and bake.
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American