A lighter and quick version of Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup using rotisserie chicken, chicken broth, fresh herbs and lemon with orzo.
- 4 cups of rotisserie chicken or 3 chicken breast cooked and diced.
- 2 32 oz. boxes of chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3–4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 TBS ground thyme
- 1 TBS salt
- 1 TBS pepper
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add ground thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and fresh thyme.
- Bring to boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 7-10 minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.