This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Two tubes of crescent roll dough, ground beef, taco seasoning, cream cheese, and some veggies are all you need to make Crescent Roll Taco Pizza.
I came up with the idea to make this Cresent Roll Taco Pizza the other night while we were eating tacos and talking about favorite foods. I mentioned to my husband that my recipe for Cresent Roll Veggie Pizza was literally going viral and getting a lot of attention on this blog and on Pinterest.
That’s when it hit me! Why not make a Cresent Roll Taco Pizza and see if it’s as good as the Cresent Roll Veggie Pizza.
I certainly want to get your votes, but I’ll tell you, my vote is two thumbs up for this recipe too.
Just like the veggie pizza, this is recipe is very easy to make.
- Roll out the crescent rolls, pinch together the seems and bake it according to the package instructions.
- Spead on the cream cheese/sour cream mixture.
- Top it with the ground beef taco mixture.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Add shredded cheese.
- And top it off with shredded lettuce.
equipment you’ll need to make crescent Roll Taco Pizza
- Stovetop skillet to brown the ground beef with taco seasoning.
- Cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- A small bowl and spoon to mix the cream cheese/sour cream/salsa.
- A spatula or spoon to spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooked crescent rolls.
- Sharp knife and cutting board for dicing tomatoes and slicing the pizza.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- I do not recommend using the new Cresent Roll Dough Sheets for this recipe nor for the Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza recipe. I’ve tested the new sheets against the crescent rolls and the sheets cook unevenly and get very crispy. The actual crescent rolls stay a bit soft and puff up a little when you bake them. The crescent rolls are a much better choice for this type of recipe.
- I am all about convenience so I used pre-shredded cheese and pre-shredded iceberg lettuce from the grocery store. You could also use the pre-diced tomatoes that you can buy at most grocery stores.
- Make sure that your cooked crescent roll dough is completely cooled before you start to assemble. In fact, I usually bake mine early in the morning and let it sit on the countertop to get to room temperature or I make them the day before I’m going to serve it. I leave it on the countertop on the cookie sheet and simply cover them lightly with a paper towel or plastic wrap.
this is an easy make-ahead recipe
- Bake the crescent roll dough a day in advance (see KKM Tips above).
- Make the cream cheese/sour cream/salsa spread a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Take it out about 30 minutes before you are going to use it to make it easier to spread.
- Make the ground beef taco meat a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Take it out about 30 minutes before you are going to use it.
- Dice the tomatoes the day ahead and store them in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator.
- Buy pre-shredded cheese and lettuce.
it’s easily portable!
This is a great recipe to take with you to a cook-out, pot-luck, party, or any gathering. Just follow these steps:
- Make the crescent roll dough in a disposable tin cookie sheet. Once it’s baked, cover it in plastic wrap.
- Put all the other prepared ingredients in ziptop bags or disposable containers.
- Take all of the ingredients with you and assemble the pizza when you get to the party.
Crescent Roll Taco Pizza
- 2 tubes of refrigerator crescent rolls
- 1 8- ounce package of cream cheese – softened
- 3 TBS sour cream
- 2 TBS prepared salsa
- 1-1.25 lbs. ground beef
- 1 enveople taco seasoning
- 3-4 diced roma tomatoes
- 4-5 ounces of shredded cheese I used a mixute of cheddar and jack cheese
- 1/2 ounce bag of shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350°as directed on the crescent roll package instructions.
- Spread crescent rolls across the cookie sheet - covering the cookie sheet and sealing the cuts between each of the rolls.
- Bake according to crescent roll package instructions.
- Cool completely before adding toppings (you can also cool it and lightly cover it with a paper towel and leave on the countertop overnight).
- Brow the ground beef and add the taco seasoning as directed on the taco seasong mix package.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa; stir until fully mixed.
- Spread the cream cheese mixtue all over the baked and cooled crescent roll pizza base.
- Add the taco meat.
- Top the meat with the diced tomatoes.
- Add cheese and lettuce.
- Cut into equal squares and serve.
More of my pizza and flatbread recipes
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza – this is my most popular post! That means everyone LOVES this recipe.
- Cheeseburger Flatbread Pizza – you won’t believe it! It tastes just like a cheeseburger.
- Greek Salad Flatbread Pizza – a salad on a flatbread – what’s not to love?
- BBQ Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread – so easy using rotisserie chicken you buy at the store.
- Three Cheese Cranberry Flatbread – a delicious and impressive appetizer flatbread.