Toll House Butterscotch Chip Cookies with Coconut – A traditional soft toll house cookie with a twist.
Since butterscotch tastes like brown sugar and butter, it goes very well in this recipe and compliments the sugars and butter in the cookie. The coconut adds a secondary flavor and some additional moisture to keep this cookie soft. And oh do these make your house smell delicious while they are baking!
If you like these you will also like Soft and Chewy BlondiesPrint
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of soften butter (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat eggs, sugars, butter and vanilla.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time and beat until it is fully mixed.
- Fold in butterscotch chips and coconut flakes and stir by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop cookies on to a cookie sheet covered with a non-stick cookie mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.