Shrimp and Mango Summer Salad – Shrimp, mango, bell pepper, jalapenos and bib lettuce, tossed in a lime vinegarette – perfect for any spring or summer day.
- 1 lb. medium-size raw shrimp
- 2 ripe mangoes – peeled and diced
- 1 large or 2 small dice jalapenos – ribs and seed removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 large or 2 small heads of bibb lettuce
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lime – sliced for garnish
For the dressing:
- Juice and zest of two limes
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Pull out about 10-12 whole shrimp and set aside for garnish.
- Remove tails from the remainder and chop into medium-size pieces…about three pieces per shrimp.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Toss chopped shrimp, mango, jalapenos, bell pepper together with dressing.
- Lay bibb lettuce on a plate and put the desired amount of shrimp salad mix on each.
- Garnish with lime and larger whole cooked shrimp pieces.
I like to serve this ice cold.