This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Seven big, bold, colorful, fresh summer salads to make for a casual family dinner, your next cookout, or a quiet afternoon lunch.
Summer is right around the corner and that means cookouts, picnics, barbecues, good friends, and family. What better way to show off summer freshness bursting with bright colors and flavors than a perfect fresh salad.
Why We Love These Seven Easy Fresh Summer Salads
- Salads are a great way to use the freshest in-season produce. We love shopping at the local farmer’s market and using the most seasonal ingredients.
- Sometimes I just crave healthy food and love keeping it healthy with a fresh summer salad.
- Salads make a great side dish with grilled chicken and fish. They are also the perfect way to lighten up dinner.
- Bonus! Most of these salads can be made ahead of time making preparation and clean-up a breeze.
Show off fresh juicy summer peaches with this peach salad paired with arugula. This recipe is full of flavor and super satisfying. Serve it with a light bright cold Rose´wine and some herb bread.
This is my favorite go-to salad for brunch. It looks and tastes fancy but the truth is that it’s made with simple ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare.
This salad is made with Farfalle pasta, fresh baby spinach, mandarin oranges, and toasted pecans tossed with an Asian ginger dressing. It’s a great change from a traditional pasta salad and the perfect way to use fresh summer baby spinach.
This is one of my favorite summer salad combinations. A traditional Caprese salad with sweet summer strawberries. You’ll be a big hit if you bring this beauty to the table.
I love the versatility of my fresh spring salad because you can serve it for lunch or brunch. It has an earthiness from the roasted yellow beets, a tangy bite from the feta cheese, and sweetness from the juicy ripe strawberries.
This is for my BLT lovers! Crunch bread crumbs, crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes in a creamy mayo dressing that will make you want to eat the entire salad yourself. Do yourself a favor and make a double batch.
If you’ve never had a Panzanella bread salad then you are really missing something. Big pieces of crusty bread, garden fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, cucumbers, and juicy peaches dressed in a light vinaigrette.
Krazy Kitchen Mom Salad Tips
- Always use the freshest ingredients. Take advantage of the season and mix seasonal fruits and veggies.
- If you live near a farm stand or farmer’s market, buy the produce fresh from the stand.
- Mix and match…use frozen and fresh pasta with fruits and veggies for heartier salads.
- Don’t forget about breakfast and brunch. Salads are one of my favorite breakfast and brunch meals.