Looking for a fancy and easy party appetizer? Well, look no further – behold the Mini Spaghetti and Meatball Appetizer. Ready in just a few minutes!
- 1/2 box of angel hair pasta – broken in half and cooked to al dente
- 1 small jar of prepared pasta sauce
- 1 20-ounce bag of frozen mini Italian meatballs (40 meatballs) – thawed
- 1 eggs – beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 TBS dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Place cooked pasta in a medium-sized bowl to cool.
- Add egg, cheeses, and seasonings to the pasta and stir until completely incorporated.
- Using your fingers, press about 2-3 tablespoons of the pasta, egg and cheese mixture into each of the cupcake holes.
- Using a shot glass, press the pasta down so there is an indent for the meatball.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are firm and just starting to brown on the bottom.
- While the pasta nests are baking, add the pasta sauce and meatballs to a stove-top pan and simmer until fully warmed.
- Remove the pasta nests from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the nests and top each one with an individual meatball and a fancy toothpick.
- Drizzle each meatball with a little more pasta sauce.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: easy
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mini appetizers, holiday appetizers, easy appetizer