What’s better than starting your day with a hot cup of coffee and a plate of warm Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins with a Cinnamon Streusel Topping?
Dry Ingredients for muffins
- 2–1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 chopped pecans
Wet inredients for muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (substitution: 1/2 cup canola oil)
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fast cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 6 TBS butter – very cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 TBS milk
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients except the pecans.
- In a separte bowl, mx together the dry ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spoon muffin the mixture into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or use muffin/cupcake papers.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the streusel in a bowl.
- Using a fork or your hands (which I prefer) incorporate all the ingredients until you have a mosit but crumbly texture.
- Top the muffins mixture with equal amounts of the streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Mix together the confectioners sugar and milk until it’s smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the baked and cooled muffins.
- Category: Breakfast, brunch, dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American