Start with this Basic Muffin Recipe to make many variations and flavors of muffins. This simple recipe allows you to add many different fruits and flavors to create mouthwatering muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 TBS melted butter (cool it to room temperature before adding to mixture)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups fresh copped berries
- 1 TBS flour
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Replace 1/4 cup of milk with 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 TBS poppy seeds
Apple Cinnamom Muffins
- 1 cup diced apple (without the skin)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Mix until it just comes together – do not over mix.
- Add the ingredients above for each of the flavors.
Bake for 15-20 minutes
- To ensure that your muffin mix stays fluffy, make sure you do not over mix the batter.
- Whenever you are adding fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, etc.) to a batter, toss them with 1 TBS of flour so they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter while cooking. This way you’ll have berries distributed throughout the baked product.
- You can freeze these baked muffins by placing them in a ziptop bag.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch/Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American