This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
If you like breakfast smoothies, then you will love my Banana Berry Yogurt Smoothies made with Greek yogurt, almond milk, berries, bananas, and chia seeds.
If these Banana Berry Yogurt Smoothies don’t make you smile I don’t know what will. I make a lot of smoothies, mostly for breakfast. And while I do use different fruits and vegetables, this is the first layered smoothie I’ve made.
I’m really happy with the amazing flavors and the fun layers. The white layer is the banana layer and the deep purple layer is the mixed berry layer.
INGREDIENTS – banana berry yogurt SMOOTHIEs
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Frozen bananas
- Plain Greek yogurt – I use low-fat Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Mixed berries – I used frozen berries for this recipe
- Coconut water
Because the berry layer is heavier and a more frozen consistency, the banana yogurt layer sits on top creating a really pretty layered smoothie.
Krazy kitchen mom smoothie tips
- Whenever fresh berries and baby spinach are on sale, or even better, two for the price of one, I stock up on them and freeze them into single-portioned smoothie bags.
- To freeze the berries, I clean them and let them dry on the countertop for about 2 hours. Of course for strawberries, I remove the green tops first.
- Next, I measure the berries into 1 cup portions and put them in ziptop bags.
- I also measure fresh baby spinach into 1 cup portions and put them in ziptop bags.
- I place the bags in the freezer and they are ready to go…portion-sized smoothie ingredients. All I need to do is add water or almond milk.
- You can do the same thing with bananas and spinach, pineapple, mangos, orange segments, apple slice…just use your imagination.
- For this Banana Berry Yogurt smoothie recipe, I used frozen bananas which I had in my freezer and some mixed berries that I also have in my freezer.
other breakfast recipes you might like
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Tostadas – Huevos Rancheros
- Loaded Savory Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Lemon Sauce
- Corned Beef Hash
- Coffee Cake Muffins
Banana Berry Yogurt Smoothies
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- Place the frozen berries and coconut water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour the mixture on top of the berry layer.
- Serve immediately.