Why make a brownie when you can have a blondie? And not just any blondie, but a Soft & Chewy Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Pecans.
A lot of people try to make the distinction between a brownie and a blondie ,when in fact, the only thing that they have in common is that they are both a bar cookies that are baked in a square or oblong pan. I am partial to any type of bar cookie because of the simplicity and ease of making – you just mix, dump, bake and you have a delicious cookie. And in this case a delicious soft and chewy cookie. And who doesn’t love a good cookies. I wish more restaurants would get on the cookie band wagon because sometimes after a big rich dinner, all I really want for dessert is a good cookie.
My Soft & Chewy Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Pecans taste like a decadent chocolate chip cookie. I also have this habit of cutting one of the large pieces into four little squares to trick myself that it’s OK to eat four Blondies. But we’ll just keep that our little secret!
Soft & Chewy Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Pecans
- 1 stick of butter – softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. (The best way to do this is to spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray, line it with the parchment paper, leaving a couple of inches hanging over for easy removal and then spray the parchment paper with the non-stick cooking spray.)
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat egg, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and beat until fully mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts using a spatula.
- Spread blondie mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
SHOUT OUT – leave me a comment and let me know if you’ve tried the Blondie recipe.