- 1 stick of butter – softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. (The best way to do this is to spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray, line it with the parchment paper, leaving a couple of inches hanging over for easy removal and then spray the parchment paper with the non-stick cooking spray.)
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat egg, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and beat until fully mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts using a spatula.
- Spread blondie mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.