This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Simple Mango Margaritas are made with tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and mango nectar. They are sweet, tangy, a little bit spicy, and refreshing.
When it comes to cocktails, I’ve been on a bit of a tequila kick lately.
And it’s not all tequila, just tequila Blanco, which means white. Blanco tequila is also called silver tequila.
Blanco tequila is not aged and it’s clear in color.
what does tequila taste like?
I find that tequila has a smooth flavor with a bit of a vanilla back taste. It works very well with fruit juices because it’s made from the agave plant which is a natural sweetener.
Some people add extra sugar in the form of simple syrup to tequila cocktails. But I find that the tequila and juices are just enough sweetness for me.
are margaritas popular in Mexico
Today you can find a good margarita in most resorts in Mexico. But, contrary to popular thinking, Margaritas are not the drink for locals.
The most popular drink in Mexico is the Paloma which is made from grapefruit juice and tequila.
Paloma cocktails are one of my all-time favorite cocktails and I often order them when I am out.
Here are some of my Paloma recipes
back to the margaritas!
I used simple ingredients in these simple mango margaritas:
- Tequila Blanco
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Mango Nectar
- Fresh Mango and Lime for Garnish
- Chili Powder and Salt to Rim the Glasses
krazy kitchen mom tip for my simple mango margaritas
- I recommend that you use fresh lime juice for this cocktail recipe and any cocktail recipe calling for lime.
- You can substitute the Cointreau for Triple Sec which is another orange-flavored liqueur and often used in margaritas. Cointreau is simply a brand name.
- You can also substitute fresh mango by simply adding some fresh mango to the blender to make a puree. Using Mango puree is great for making frozen margaritas.
make it a mocktail
At our house, we have cocktail drinkers and those that prefer a nice mocktail.
So I like to offer a mocktail version with most of my cocktail recipes.
- Omit the tequila
- Substitute the Cointreau with fresh orange juice
more krazy kitchen mom popular cocktails
- Grapefruit Margaritas
- Spicy Salty Dog Cocktail
- Skinny Cucumber Vodka Lime Cocktail
- Berry Gin and Tonic
- Apple Cider Margaritas
Simple Mango Margaritas
- 3 ounces Tequila Blanco or Silve Tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce freshly squeesed lime juice
- 11.5 ounce can of mango nectar
- 2 TBS table salt to rim glasses
- Pinch of chili powder to rim glasses
- Fresh mango slice for garnish
- Fresh lime slice for garnish
- Rub a slice of lime about the rim of each glass.
- Mix the table salt and chili powder together and pour it on a paper plate.
- Roll the rim of each glasses through the salt and chili powder mixture.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Mix together the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and mango nectar in a small pitcher.
- Pour 1/2 of the cocktail into each glass.
- Garnish with mango and lime slices