Need to get dinner on the table fast? Shrimp and Chorizo Pasta is not only ready in less than 30 minutes, but it’s also full of robust flavors that everyone will love.
- 4–5 Chorizo sausages – I buy the precooked sausage
- 1 lb. jumbo-sized shrimp – I used pink shrimp
- 1/2 box Fettucini pasta
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1 cup white wine – I used Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup pasta water – do not throw away all of the pasta water after cooking pasta. Save some for the sauce.
- Juice from one lemon
- 2-ounces of salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Cilantro for garnish
- Bread for serving
- Clean, devein and deshell shrimp but leave the tails on. (You can remove the tails if you like, but the tails hold a lot of flavor that cooks into the sauce.)
- Cook the 1/2 box of pasta per the box directions (do not throw out the pasta water).
- Slice chorizo into 1/2 inch medallions.
- Add canola oil to a large stove-top skillet and heat to medium.
- Add the chorizo and cook on both sides for about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the skillet and place them on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Wipe some of the excess oil out of the skillet.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until they are opaque in color.
- Remove the shrimp and place them on a plate.
- To the skillet, add the wine, pasta water, lemon juice, and 1 ounce of the butter.
- Cook on high until it boils, then reduce the heat and let it cook down for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir it to make sure it soaks up the sauce.
- Add the chorizo and shrimp back to the skillet.
- Add the other ounce of butter and stir.
- When the butter is melted, the pasta is ready to serve
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve it with bread or Naan and a lemon wedge.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Spanish American