I feel like Thai Peanut Sauce is like Goldilocks and the Three Bears…some brands are too spicy, some brands are too sweet, some brands are too bland and I can never get the perfect Thai Peanut Sauce. So my solution was to make my own.
I’ve toyed with a lot of different recipe combinations and finally came up with this one which is now a staple in our house. It goes really well on my Thai Peanut Flatbread, in fact, you will find this recipe there too.
- 4 TBS peanut butter – you can use creamy or crunchy
- 2 TBS hot water
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce (we only use the low sodium type)
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 3 TBS red pepper flakes (we like it spicy, you can cut down on the amount to make it less spicy)
- 4 TBS rice wine vinegar
- Mix the peanut butter and hot water together.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.