Bet you didn’t know that today is National Pasta Day. So we are celebrating by having a classic casserole – Goulash.
I’ve always known that goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish
because growing up, my Mom called it just that…Hungarian Goulash. At our house now, we just call it Goulash.
One pot meals are a life saver on those busy days when you want and need to get something delicious on the table. My goulash recipes is one of those perfect one pot meals and I have a little twist to the recipe. You can’t tell by looking at it but when you take a bite you’ll definitely think to yourself…”hmmm what’s that flavor?”
OK I’ll tell you…I use traditional V8 Juice! Yup V8 Juice. It adds a wonderful rich and a little spicy background flavor and I promise you will never made Goulash without V8 Juice again. So tuck your napkin under your chin, grab a fork and dig in!Print
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 3 small cans of traditional V8 Juice
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 small green pepper – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cook elbow macaroni per the box directions and set aside when finished.
- In a cast iron skillet or stove top skillet, heat oil and add onion and pepper.
- Cook onion and pepper for 5 minutes on low.
- Add ground beef and cook until it’s brown.
- Add tomato sauce, V8 Juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked and drained elbow macaroni.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Category: One Pot Meal