This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Bet you didn’t know that today is National Pasta Day. So we are celebrating by having a classic casserole – Goulash.
I’ve always known that goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish
because growing up, my Mom called it just that…Hungarian Goulash. At our house now, we just call it Goulash.
One pot meals are a life saver on those busy days when you want and need to get something delicious on the table. My goulash recipes is one of those perfect one pot meals and I have a little twist to the recipe. You can’t tell by looking at it but when you take a bite you’ll definitely think to yourself…”hmmm what’s that flavor?”
OK I’ll tell you…I use traditional V8 Juice! Yup V8 Juice. It adds a wonderful rich and a little spicy background flavor and I promise you will never made Goulash without V8 Juice again. So tuck your napkin under your chin, grab a fork and dig in!Print
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 3 small cans of traditional V8 Juice
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 small green pepper – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Cook elbow macaroni per the box directions and set aside when finished.
- In a cast iron skillet or stove top skillet, heat oil and add onion and pepper.
- Cook onion and pepper for 5 minutes on low.
- Add ground beef and cook until it’s brown.
- Add tomato sauce, V8 Juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked and drained elbow macaroni.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Category: One Pot Meal