This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Fluffy, moist, full of lemon – that’s how I describe these pancakes.
Lemon, lemon, lemon…I can’t get enough lemon in everything. I keep saying I need to plant a lemon tree in my yard so I have an endless supply. Even as a little girl, my birthday cakes were always lemon, I wanted only lemon bars; no brownies for me and I loved (and still do) lemonade! Well enough said! I love these pancakes because you really get that pop of lemon flavor and there is no need for any syrup. I use a plain Greek yogurt mixed with lemon curd, of course, to top the pancakes.
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are made with a full cup of whole milk ricotta cheese and that’s the secret to keeping them moist. The fresh lemon juice and zest give them an nice blast of bright citrus flavor perfect for a spring or summer morning.
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 pancakes 1x
For the Pancakes
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- The juice and zest from one large lemon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 TBS canola oil or non stick cooking spray
For the Yogurt topping
- 1/3 cup plane Greek yogurt
- 2–3 TBS lemon curd
For the Pancakes
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, ricotta and lemon juice/zest.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix together. (It’s fine if the mixture is a bit lumpy.)
- Coat or spray a stove top skillet or griddle with oil or non-stick spray; heat pan to medium.
- With a ladle, scoop pancakes mix onto griddle.
- Cook until the edges start to brown and the middle bubbles with little hole.
- Flip the pancake and cook the reverse side.
(I place the cooked pancakes in a 200° oven to keep them warm until I serve them.)
For the Yogurt Topping
- Mix the yogurt and lemon curd with a hand mixture for 3-4 minutes, until it’s fluffy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Leave a Reply