This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Eat More Turkey is back again in partnership with Jennie-O Turkey and Switch Circle! And yes, I am on a taquito kick lately because my family is nuts over them.
You won’t go wrong with these Turkey Sausage Denver Omelet Taquitos. I was leaving on a 7-day business/social trip and I made a batch of 10 of these; wrapped them individually in plastic wrap; put them in a large bag in the refrigerator for my husband to eat while I was gone. He’s totally capable of fending for himself while I’m traveling but I like to pamper him once in a while.
For these taquitos, I used Jennie-O Turkey Sausage, eggs, cheese, and of course, onions and pepper to give them that great Denver omelet flavor. I like to serve them topped with a bit more cheese (add it when they are hot and it melts immediately) and a bowl of spicy salsa.
Turkey Sausage Denver Omelette Taquitos
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Tasty little taquitos made with Jennie-O Turkey Sausage, eggs, cheese, onions and peppers.
- 1/2 lb. All Natural Jennie-O Ground Turkey
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil (you can use any type of oil you like in this recipe)
- 1/2 small onion – diced
- 1/2 small green pepper – diced
- 1/2 bag shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 12″ flour soft tortilla shells
FOR THE FILLING
- In a large stove-top skillet, heat oil; add onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add turkey sausage – stirring and breaking it apart so it’s in little bite-sized pieces.
- Cook turkey until it’s done.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add egg mixture to cooked turkey mixture and scramble eggs until they are lightly cooked.
FOR THE ASSEMBLY
To assemble the Taquitos
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Layout 4-6 tortilla shells at a time and place 3 teaspoons full of the turkey mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Top each with a bit of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up toward the top and the roll tightly from the fold.
- Repeat this until all of the tortillas are assembled.
- Spray the rolled Taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to brown on the edges.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Leave a Reply