This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I’m back again with my “Eat More Turkey” campaign and my partnership with my Jennie-O. This month we are using Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage which goes perfectly in these Loaded Cornbread Bites. They are packed with turkey sausage, cheddar cheese and sliced green olives for that little extra kick.
You know that comforting smell of breakfast sausage packed with fennel and spices filling the house on a Saturday morning? Well that’s the same feeling and smell I got when I was cooking the turkey sausage for my Loaded Cornbread Bites.
These hearty bites of bursting flavor are great for packed lunches, snacks and even as an appetizer. I’m going to fill a basket of these next time I have the family over for brunch. And by the way, they freeze well so you can make a double batch and have them ready any time.Print
Hearty little bites of cornbread filled with turkey sausage, cheddar cheese and green olives.
- 1/2 lb. Jennie-O All Natural Ground Turkey
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 4 oz. (1/2 8 oz bag) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 TBS chopped green olives with pimento
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Brown turkey sausage in a stovetop skillet; cool for 10 minutes after cooking.
- While turkey is cooling, mix boxed cornbread with egg and milk.
- Add cooked turkey sausage, olives and cheddar cheese.
- Using a cookie scoop, place round scoops of cornbread mixture on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they just start to brown on the top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes