This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Have you ever wonder what makes a Blue Margarita Blue? Or what a Blue Margarita tastes like? If you can take you eyes off this beautiful cocktail I can tell you.
The Blue Margarita is classic margarita that gets its deep blue color from Blue Curacao, named after the island where it is made. Blue Curacao has a bright citrus note that adds, not only the blue color but a slight bitter orange flavor that pairs perfectly with the tquilla.
This recipe is made with classic ingredients using tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, honey and of course, Blue Curacao. So next time you want a margarita, add some Blue Curacao and your friends are sure to enjoy!
A classic margarita with a new look.
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1.5 oz. lime juice (bottled)
- Juice and zest from one whole lime
- 1.5 oz. Triple Sec
- 1.5 oz. Blue Curacao
- .5 oz simle syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 TBS coarse sea salt
- 3 lime slices
- 1 cup of ice
To rim the glasses:
- Drizzle the honey on a plate (I use paper plates for this process)
- Drizzle salt on another plate.
- Holding glasses upside down, roll the rims in honey and then in the salt.
For the cocktail:
- In a small pitcher or large glass, add ice, tequila, lime juices and zest, triple sec and simple syrup.
- Mix with a long spoon.
- Add the blue curaçao and stir again.
- Place about 12 ice cubes in each glass and pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with remaining two lime slices.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes