A classic margarita with a new look.
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1.5 oz. lime juice (bottled)
- Juice and zest from one whole lime
- 1.5 oz. Triple Sec
- 1.5 oz. Blue Curacao
- .5 oz simle syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 TBS coarse sea salt
- 3 lime slices
- 1 cup of ice
To rim the glasses:
- Drizzle the honey on a plate (I use paper plates for this process)
- Drizzle salt on another plate.
- Holding glasses upside down, roll the rims in honey and then in the salt.
For the cocktail:
- In a small pitcher or large glass, add ice, tequila, lime juices and zest, triple sec and simple syrup.
- Mix with a long spoon.
- Add the blue curaçao and stir again.
- Place about 12 ice cubes in each glass and pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with remaining two lime slices.