This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
The kids were coming over for a pool party/cook out and I decided that cookie bites would be a perfect quick little dessert. My daughter first made cookie bites during a holiday visit a few years ago and it was really easy.
I have to admit I had to search high a low to find frosted animal cookies to make these. But I was determined, and after the third grocery store I finally found them.
With my hard-to-find purchase in hand I was ready to start the fun.
They were a huge success; in fact, they ate the entire batch that afternoon, except for a few that I set aside to take to work to share with colleagues the next day. Guess there’s still a kid in all of us…especially when it comes to animal cookies.
Animal Cookie Bites
- 1 box of Frosted Animal Cookies
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag white Wilton Candy Melts
- 1 bag pink Wilton Candy Melts
- Sprinkles or Jimmies
- Put cookies into a large zip top bag.
- Crush cookies into small pieces (careful not to crush them too small; you want nice little pieces of cookie)
- Mix together cream cheese and crushed cookies (I use my KitchenAid Mixer on a low speed but you can do this by hand.)
- Form the cookie/cream cheese mixture into small balls and place them on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, melt the Wilton Candy Melts is two separate bowls in the microwave.
- I do one color at a time.
- Dip the cookie bites into the candy melts; sprinkle with Jimmies.
- Place them back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate for another hour.
[…] Animal Cookie Bites | Krazy Kitchen Mom […]