Tart and sweet sugar cranberries.
- Prep Time: Overnight
- Total Time: Overnight
- Yield: 1 cup
- Category: dessert/garnish
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar – separated by 1/2 cup for simple syrup and 1 cup for dusting
- 1/2 cup water
- In a saucepan, heat water and 1/2 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved; making a simple syrup.
- Remove from heat and add cranberries.
- Let sit them sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer liquid and cranberries into a jar or a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
For sugar dusting preparation:
- Strain cranberries and place them on a wire rack over a sheet pan for 2 hours to dry.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to a bowl.
- Add cranberries and coat liberally with sugar.
- Return cranberries to a wire rack or a layer of parchment paper until dry.