Mini Apple Cheddar Pies are small hand pies that are made with a sweet apple pie filling and a sharp salty cheddar cheese.
- 1 box with 2 tubes of refrigerator pie crust
- 2–3 cups of Easy Homemade Apple Pie Filling (substitution: 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling)
- 3 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white – beaten
- 3 TBS turbinado sugar (substitution: white granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Roll out 1 of the pie crusts.
- Using the larger cookie cutter, cut out pie rounds
- Place a small amount of the cheddar cheese on each pie round.
- Top each round with 1-2 TBS of apple pie filling.
- Roll out the second pie crust and cut strips using a paring knife.
- Use 4 strips per pie round to make the lattice on the pies.
- Using the smaller cookie cutter, cut the pies. This will also seal the edges.
- Brush with the egg white.
- Sprinkle them with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie, hand pies, apple hand pies, cheddar apple pie