Easy Skillet Focaccia Bread is a flat Italian style bread that you can top with fresh herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and even nuts.
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 envelope active dry yeast – bloomed
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 TBS sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 TBS flour
- Preheat oven to 200 ° and then turn it off.
- Very lightly rub some oil on the inside of the mixer bowl so the dough won’t stick.
- In a stand mixer, add the 3 3/4 cups of flour, yeast, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water.
- Mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough in skillet and place skillet in the oven that has preheated and been turned off.
- Let dough rise in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, dust the counter with flour and knead the bread for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the skillet, cover it with a hot towel and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- The dough should be spread out in the skillet.
- Poke the dough with your finger to make little dimples all over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle the entire top with the coarse sea salt.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes
I used a stand mixer with a dough hook to mix the dough, but you can also do this by hand.