Easy Skillet Focaccia Bread is a flat Italian style bread that you can top with fresh herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and even nuts.
This post contains sponsored content brought to you by Sam’s Club. We’ve received items of value or compensation to create this post; however, the opinions expressed are 100% our own.
I wish you could smell this mouthwatering focaccia bread. I had to pinch myself while I was making it because I thought I was in a bakery. I used my new Emeril Lagasse Cast Iron Skillet that I got from Sam’s Club to make this Easy Skillet Focaccia Bread and it turned out great! It has a nice crust on the outside and stayed soft on the inside. I used sun-dried tomatoes and fresh rosemary along with a liberal amount of sea salt on top. But you can use just about any combination of herbs, olives, nuts or spices.
I used to shy away from making bread, but this is so easy and it comes right out of the pan with no sticking at all. The silicone handles on my new pan make it even safer shielding my hands from high heat. But here’s my dilemma…my family loved this recipe so much that I’ll be baking bread every day from now on. I guess that’s not really a bad thing!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Easy Skillet Focaccia Bread
Easy Skillet Focaccia Bread is a flat Italian style bread that you can top with fresh herbs, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and even nuts.
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 envelope active dry yeast – bloomed
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 TBS sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 TBS flour
- Preheat oven to 200 ° and then turn it off.
- Very lightly rub some oil on the inside of the mixer bowl so the dough won’t stick.
- In a stand mixer, add the 3 3/4 cups of flour, yeast, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water.
- Mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough in skillet and place skillet in the oven that has preheated and been turned off.
- Let dough rise in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, dust the counter with flour and knead the bread for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the skillet, cover it with a hot towel and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- The dough should be spread out in the skillet.
- Poke the dough with your finger to make little dimples all over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle the entire top with the coarse sea salt.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes
I used a stand mixer with a dough hook to mix the dough, but you can also do this by hand.