Easy Chai Hot Chocolate
Get cozy this winter with a warm glass of Easy Chai Hot Chocolate. Made with chocolate almond milk and warm spices to keep you warm all day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups Chocolate Almond Milk (substitution: chocolate milk)
- 2–3 Cinnamon sticks
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 1 Star anise
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut a 6 inch-by-6 inch piece of cheesecloth and place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and peppercorns in it. Tie it together with a piece of string to make a bundle or sachet.
- Pour the chocolate almond milk into a stovetop pot.
- Add the spice sachet.
- Add the cardamom and vanilla.
- Heat on medium-high until it just starts to bubble.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
You can also allow this to cool after the 20 minutes and store it in the refrigerator to have Iced Chia Hot Chocolate.
Keywords: hot chocolate, cozy drink, cream hot chocolate, steeped hot chocolate