Restaurant style Chicken Satay is marinaded for 12-24 hours, then grilled and served with a spicy Thai peanut sauce and cool cucumber salad.
- 8–10 chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 English cucumber or a whole Persian cucumber
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3–1/2 TBS sugar (you can add more sugar if you like it sweeter)
- Cilantro and crushed peanuts to garnish
To marinate the chicken
- Mix the following in a large zip-top bag: soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and lime juice.
- Add chicken tenders and marinate for 12-24 hours
Make ahead cucumber salad
- Slice cucumber in half.
- Using a spoon, scrape the seeds out of the cucumber.
- Dice the cucumber small.
- Mix together rice wine vinegar and sugar; add cucumber, cover an refrigerate for the same amount of time you marinate the chicken…12-24 hours. (Hint: I toss all the ingredients into a Mason jar and store it in the refrigerator.)
Assemble and grill chicken
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Skewer each chicken tender onto a skewer.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with cucumber salad and Thai peanut sauce
Marinate chicken for 12-24 hours
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: Asian, Thai
Keywords: Thai chicken, chicken skewers, Thai peanut chicken