Little hand pies stuffed with sliced apples and cheddar cheese.
- 1 box (two envelopes) of refrigerator pie crust
- 2 apples, cored and peeled
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS cinnamon (one to sue for the filling; the other for the topping)
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 TBS granulated suger (for topping)
- 3 TBS egg whites
- Preheat oven according to pie crust instructions.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and let side on counter top.
- Place peeled and sliced apples into a stove top pan and turn on medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook for 10 minutes, stirring carefully.
- Remove apple mixture from stove top and let cool for a few minutes.
- Unwrap 1 envelop of pie crust and with a large inverted glass or a large round cookie cutter, cut four large circles.
- Please a spoon full of the apple mixture in the middle of each circle and top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Fold the pie crust in half and press the sides together with your finger.
- With a small fork, seal the sides of the pie crust.
- Repeat the above filling and sealing steps with the second envelop of pie crust.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining cinnamon with the granulated sugar.
- Brush each pie with egg white and top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Make two small slices in the top of each pie for the steam to escape.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.