- 1 lb. Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast
- 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion – diced
- 1 large green pepper – diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper – seeded and diced
- 1/2 butternut squash – peeled and diced
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can of red kidney beans
- 2 TBS chili powder (we like a lot so you can start with 1 TBS and add to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil is large stove top skillet; add diced onion and 2/3 of diced green pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add ground turkey and cook until broken apart and browned.
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes (do not drain) followed by all of the spices.
- Bring to boil and then lower to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes.
- While turkey, onions and peppers are simmering, cook diced squash in a separate bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain the juice from the beans.
- To the turkey and tomatoes, add the remaining green pepper, jalapeno pepper, kidney beans and squash.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 – 30 minutes.