Pineapple Fried Rice Boat is a fun way to serve a fruity nutty fried rice. And the clean up is a breeze; just throw away the pineapple when you are finished.
- 1 pineapple, hollowed out
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 4 cups of cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 bag frozen peas, thawed
- 3 carrots cut julienne
- 10 baby sweet peppers, sliced
- 1–2 cups of the pineapple fruit, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6–8 TBS low sodium soy sauce or according to your taste
- salted peanuts for garnish
- In a large stove top skillet, heat sesame oil.
- Add rice and 1/2 of the soy sauce.
- Stir well to cover all of the rice with soy sauce.
- Cooke on medium high, watching carefully and stirring as needed, for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas and peppers.
- Continue to cook, stirring from time to time.
- Move all of the rice to the sides of the pan, leaving an empty circle in the middle.
- Add the eggs to the circle and whisk with a fork until scrambled.
- Stir to incorporate all of the eggs into the rice and vegetables.
- Add the remaining soy sauce.
- Add the pineapple and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve in the hollowed pineapple and garnish with peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup