The Irish Maid Cocktail is a classic cocktail made with Irish Whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup. It’s the perfect sipping cocktail for St. Paddy’s Day.
- 2-ounces Irish Whiskey
- 1 1/2-ounces honey simple syrup
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 1/2-ounces lemon juice
- 6–8 ounces club soda
- 2 cucumber slices for garnish
- 2 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Honey Simple Syrup
- Add 2 parts simple syrup and 1 part honey to a small saucepan. Heat until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour into a small glass jar (I use a small mason jar) and refrigerate until cool.
Irish Maid Cocktail
- Fill two highball glasses 3/4 full with ice.
- Add 1 ounce of Irish Whiskey to each.
- Add 3/4 ounce honey simple syrup to each glass.
- Add 3/4 ounce lemon juice to each glass.
- Add 3-4 ounces of club soda to each glass.
- Garnish each glass with a cucumber slice and a sprig of fresh mint.
You can make the honey simple syrup ahead of time in a large batch and use it as a sweetener for other cocktails, coffee or tea.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks and Cocktails
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American