Instant Pot Crispy Pork Carnitas
These Instant Pot crispy pork carnitas are fork tender and literally cook themselves. After cooking in the Instant Pot, they are cooked in a cast iron skillet for crispiness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Meat
- Method: Instant Pot and Cast Iron
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut pork shoulder into 8 pieces.
- Place orange juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place pork into the pot.
- Select Meat/Stew setting.
- Set for 50 minutes.
- When it is complete let it sit for natural release.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot and shred it using two forks to pull it apart.
- Transfer pork to a hot cast iron skillet and cook for 10 minutes until it is crispy.
Serve these with warm flour tortillas, cotija cheese, sliced jalapenos, and a squeeze of fresh lime.