Blueberry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze is a crumbly cake filled with fresh blueberries, topped with sliced almonds and a decadent lemon glaze.
For the cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS sugar (to toss blueberries in)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
For the glaze:
- 2 TBS slivered almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from one lemon
For the Cake:
- Heat oven to 375°
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat sugar, egg and vegetable oil.
- Add flour and baking powder than mix thoroughly.
- Place blueberries in a zip top bag, add 1 TBS of sugar and toss lightly.
- Fold sugared blueberries into cake mixture.
- Spray a cake pan with non-stick spray and add cake mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
For the Glaze:
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and stir until all the sugar is dissolved and there are no lumps.
When cake is cool, drizzle lemon glaze over the cake and top with slivered almonds and more blueberries.