How do you make a traditional mojito better? You add fresh basil and get a delicious, thirst quenching Basil Lime Mojito cocktail. The basil compliments the mint and lime for a new taste twist.
- 3 ounces of white rum
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Juice of two limes
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1–1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Seltzer water
- Place mints and basil leaves into a large glass.
- Add sugar and muddle so the fresh herbs release their juices and flavors.
- Add simple syrup and stir.
- Add ice to two large glasses.
- Add rum and the juice of 1 lime to each glass.
- Place half of the mint/basil syrup to each glass.
- Top with seltzer water.
- Mix with a long spoon before serving.
To make four cocktails, double the ingredients.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes