Aperol Spritz Cupcakes have all the same flavor of the traditional bubbly cocktail baked into a delicious and moist cupcake.
For the cake:
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup of Prosecco
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
For the filling:
- 1 small jar of orange marmalade
For the frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 8 ounces of butter (1 stick) – softened
- 3–1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4–5 TBS Aperol (start with 4; test the flavor and add one more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all cake ingredients.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer beat for 2 minutes.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Fill liners 1/2 way with cake mix.
- Bake for 23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before adding filling and frosting.
- When cupcakes are fully cooled, use the large side of a 1A sized frosting tip to cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake and be sure to save the top to use as the lid.
- Fill the hole with orange marmalade and place the top back on the cupcake.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until they are combined.
- Add 2 TBS of the Aperol and mix.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing until all of it has been added.
- Add the additional 2 TBS of Aperol and continue to mix until it is all combined.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Boozy cakes, boozy cupcakes, summer cupcakes